workshops to put you on the right track
The goal of these three workshops is to help junior faculty improve their work habits and develop effective strategies for getting tenure.
Topics will include:
I. Planning Your Tenure Timeline:
- Setting publication deadlines
- Scheduling for Productivity
- Creating a Six Year Plan
II. Getting It Written:
- Writing Efficiently
- Keeping Papers in the Pipeline
- Getting Grants
- Avoiding Procrastination
- Setting Boundaries for Teaching
III. Interpersonal Aspects of the Tenure Track:
- Networking for Success
- Becoming a Valued Member of Your Department
- Preparing a Tenure Portfolio
- Creating Successful Collaborations
- Balancing Work with the Rest of Your Life
The Workshop will meet one evening a month from 7:30-9:00pm for three months. Next cycle TBA
The cost is $25 per session, with scholarships available as needed.
To find out more, and to register, please send an email to email@example.com. Please put "faculty workshop" in the subject line.